We have another big weekend coming up!
1. Friday 5:30 class with Matt, including Fall Challenge workout #1, followed by Mike Lawrence speaking and happy hour for our Third Friday event. All CFers and FitUers, and all are encouraged to attend Third Friday! Bring a dish to share 🙂
2. Fall Challenge this weekend! See Monday’s post for more information. First workout is during FNL class, second is individual time slots Saturday, third is Sunday afternoon.
3. We’re reinstating the Blue Marsh Call 2 Action Challenge! Some of you have probably participated in years past; this is a great event and such an exciting way to bring that CF teamwork / no excuses mentality out of building 7 and onto the trails at Blue Marsh. Get a team of 4 together and sign up! Challenge will be November 10th. Registration is due by 11/1. Find out more and download a registration form here.
1. Thank you again to all who came out to support the Pags 5k this weekend. You made it special and helped keep the spirit Pags always brought to CF. Intensity and quiet confidence were his trademarks, and everyone else just tried to keep up. Thank you to Matt D and JD for leading the charge and taking on the race organization. It went off without a hitch thanks to you!
2. Intro class this Saturday at 9:45 AM - Free to anyone who’s never tried CF but wants to know what it’s all about!
3. Save the Date: October 18th! On the Third Friday this month, we welcome fellow CFer Mike Lawrence to talk about his 3+ year journey since a grim lung cancer diagnosis. Mike continues to be an inspiration to those around him every day, and you’ll be glad you made time to come in and listen. This will be a full night: FNL class at 5:30 followed by happy hour and Mike’s presentation. This is a free event open to all members of CF and Fit U!
4. Do you have a friend, family member, or loved one who has battled cancer? More than one million people in the US are diagnosed with cancer each year. Whether you have cancer or are close to someone who does, come join our fight! From October 1 - October 31:
- Bring a survivor workouts: To honor those still fighting. Stay tuned for dates and times.
- Honor wall: Share a photo of your loved one with CF and Fit U on the honor wall.
5. 3 days of grueling workouts coming up next weekend (10/18, 19, 20), beginning with FNL and ending Sunday evening. More info to follow. Sign up on the white board near the smokehouse.
6. Nov 10: Call-2-Action III Blue Marsh. 4-person team challenge. Approximate 5k trail course with obstacles, exercises and random things to make it a pain in the ass. Get your 4-person team ready!!
For those who want to really look ahead, you can check out all upcoming fall happenings here (also posted as a link on the right side of the blog).
- Friday 5:30: Van
- Sunday 8 AM: Gretchen
- Sunday 1 PM: Gretchen
CF will be CLOSED on October 6th for the Pags 5k
1. Reminder! Test in for the October Challenge tomorrow and Saturday after class. Check out the videos linked from yesterday’s post and get your snatch and T2B form down. Test out will be at the end of the month. Practice on your own before / after classes this month. It’s all about personal gain, not comparing yourself to others. But you already know that, because you’re a CFer!
2. The Pags 5k is this Sunday, October 6th in Shillington!! Please bring a baked good for the hospitality tent and to support your fellow runners. **Again, CF will be CLOSED on October 6th for the Pags 5k**
3. During the month of October, CF and Fit U will be recognizing cancer awareness. Bring a photo of a friend or family member who is battling or has battled cancer to post on the Honor Wall. We’ll also host workouts honoring cancer survivors among us, with an open invitation to our personal friends battling cancer to join us.
4. Save the Date: October 18th! On the Third Friday this month, we welcome fellow CFer Mike Lawrence to talk about his 3+ year journey since a grim lung cancer diagnosis. Mike continues to be an inspiration to those around him every day, and you’ll be glad you made time to come in and listen. This will be a full night: FNL class at 5:30 followed by happy hour and Mike’s presentation. This is a free event open to all members of CF and Fit U!
- Friday 5:30 PM - John
- Sunday - CF is CLOSED
Reminder! Stop by tonight at 6:45 or stay after Friday Night Lights class tonight to hear Nat Gallen and stay for a non-workout gathering with your favorite CFers. This is a great way to get to know your fellow teammates outside of a class setting. Our goal is to offer similar opportunities every Third Friday; if you have someone you’d like to bring in to speak, let Chris, Matt, Jan or Gretchen know.
- the recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.
- gratitude for something.
Keep an eye out for a newsletter from CF regarding Appreciation Week! This will be your chance to purchase discounted punchcards and unlimited memberships: our way of saying thank you to everyone for making CF what it is. We do so much more than just punching in and working out. It’s a family and something to be proud of!!
…is coming to CF to share his story. Friday 9/20 will kick off our ‘Third Friday’ series, a new opportunity to share with your CF comrades. For the inaugural event, CF welcomes local teen Nat Gallen, who recently summitted Mt. Kilimanjaro while raising awareness for Cystic Fibrosis. Nat will share his story at 6:45 on Friday, after conclusion of the 5:30 class. This event is open to all CFers.
For this event, please bring drinks or a paleo-type dish to share. This is a great opportunity for newer folks to get to know veteran CFers (without fear of missing an exercise or choking on your own sweat), for the 5:30 PMers to mingle and catch up with the 5:30 AMers, etc. Again, ALL CFers are welcome and encouraged to attend!!