News and Updates
1. Thank you again to all who came out to support the Pags 5k this weekend. You made it special and helped keep the spirit Pags always brought to CF. Intensity and quiet confidence were his trademarks, and everyone else just tried to keep up. Thank you to Matt D and JD for leading the charge and taking on the race organization. It went off without a hitch thanks to you!
2. Intro class this Saturday at 9:45 AM – Free to anyone who’s never tried CF but wants to know what it’s all about!
3. Save the Date: October 18th! On the Third Friday this month, we welcome fellow CFer Mike Lawrence to talk about his 3+ year journey since a grim lung cancer diagnosis. Mike continues to be an inspiration to those around him every day, and you’ll be glad you made time to come in and listen. This will be a full night: FNL class at 5:30 followed by happy hour and Mike’s presentation. This is a free event open to all members of CF and Fit U!
4. Do you have a friend, family member, or loved one who has battled cancer? More than one million people in the US are diagnosed with cancer each year. Whether you have cancer or are close to someone who does, come join our fight! From October 1 – October 31:
– Bring a survivor workouts: To honor those still fighting. Stay tuned for dates and times.
– Honor wall: Share a photo of your loved one with CF and Fit U on the honor wall.
5. 3 days of grueling workouts coming up next weekend (10/18, 19, 20), beginning with FNL and ending Sunday evening. More info to follow. Sign up on the white board near the smokehouse.
6. Nov 10: Call-2-Action III Blue Marsh. 4-person team challenge. Approximate 5k trail course with obstacles, exercises and random things to make it a pain in the ass. Get your 4-person team ready!!
For those who want to really look ahead, you can check out all upcoming fall happenings here (also posted as a link on the right side of the blog).
- Friday 5:30: Van
- Sunday 8 AM: Gretchen
- Sunday 1 PM: Gretchen