CF will be CLOSED on October 6th for the Pags 5k
1. Reminder! Test in for the October Challenge tomorrow and Saturday after class. Check out the videos linked from yesterday’s post and get your snatch and T2B form down. Test out will be at the end of the month. Practice on your own before / after classes this month. It’s all about personal gain, not comparing yourself to others. But you already know that, because you’re a CFer!
2. The Pags 5k is this Sunday, October 6th in Shillington!! Please bring a baked good for the hospitality tent and to support your fellow runners. **Again, CF will be CLOSED on October 6th for the Pags 5k**
3. During the month of October, CF and Fit U will be recognizing cancer awareness. Bring a photo of a friend or family member who is battling or has battled cancer to post on the Honor Wall. We’ll also host workouts honoring cancer survivors among us, with an open invitation to our personal friends battling cancer to join us.
4. Save the Date: October 18th! On the Third Friday this month, we welcome fellow CFer Mike Lawrence to talk about his 3+ year journey since a grim lung cancer diagnosis. Mike continues to be an inspiration to those around him every day, and you’ll be glad you made time to come in and listen. This will be a full night: FNL class at 5:30 followed by happy hour and Mike’s presentation. This is a free event open to all members of CF and Fit U!
- Friday 5:30 PM - John
- Sunday - CF is CLOSED
1. Free Intro to Corps Fitness session this Saturday 9/28 at 9:45 AM - spread the word!
2. Carry the Load Test-Out sessions are coming up 9/29-9/30. All classes (regular class schedule) these 2 days will be the same as test-in days at the beginning of the month. You DO NOT need you weight for test-out. Finish out the month and see how much you improved after Carrying the Load all month!!
3. CF will be closed on Sunday 10/6 for the Pags 5k. Please consider contributing to this event in some way: run (with your weight?!), volunteer, spectate, etc. Talk to Matt D if you have any questions. For those of you who don’t know the history of this event, Kyle was working to create the first annual run as a way to honor all fallen officers when he was killed in the line of duty. The race was named in his honor and continues to carry carry on his legacy. Never forget!
4. October will be Cancer awareness month at CF and Fit U. We’ll have special workouts and a wall dedicated to cancer survivors and those who lost their lives. We’ll also be recognizing the cancer survivors among us during the month. Just another way to show how special life and friendship really are.
5. Also stay tuned for more October happenings, including the Third Friday Speaker Series and a Fall Challenge!
- Friday 5:30 PM - Gretchen
- Sunday 8 AM - Ed *Test-out!
- Sunday 1 PM - Chris *Test-out!
…is coming to CF to share his story. Friday 9/20 will kick off our ‘Third Friday’ series, a new opportunity to share with your CF comrades. For the inaugural event, CF welcomes local teen Nat Gallen, who recently summitted Mt. Kilimanjaro while raising awareness for Cystic Fibrosis. Nat will share his story at 6:45 on Friday, after conclusion of the 5:30 class. This event is open to all CFers.
For this event, please bring drinks or a paleo-type dish to share. This is a great opportunity for newer folks to get to know veteran CFers (without fear of missing an exercise or choking on your own sweat), for the 5:30 PMers to mingle and catch up with the 5:30 AMers, etc. Again, ALL CFers are welcome and encouraged to attend!!