Reminder: this Saturday Pinnacle Martial Arts is holding a FREE Child Safety Class at CF.
- Friday 5:30 PM: Matt D
- Sunday 8 AM: Matt D + no sugar challenge wrap-up and awards
- Sunday 1 PM: Gretchen
Valentine’s Day Weekend, join fellow CFers for a Friday, Saturday and Sunday full of kettlebell-themed Hero WODs. Friday 2/14 5:30 PM class will be a couples / pairs / workout with your partner theme. Everyone is welcome: Singles will be paired up for the workout. Check out this link or the sidebar for more information about this special event!
If you’re in the area this Sunday and didn’t sign up for the Blue Marsh Call to Action Challenge, please consider volunteering! We need about 5-10 folks to man the stations and keep participants on track throughout the morning. Come out and cheer on your fellow CFers, and bring a camera to capture the participants in action. Post availability and questions to the blog.
Join men around the country in raising awareness for men’s health issues during “Movember” or “No-shave November.” Start with a clean-shaven face on November 1st and grow a join your mustachioed counterparts by the end of the month. The classic interpretation of Movember is to grow a mustache, but some choose to grow other variations of facial hair. Be creative, and join the fun!
Get those registrations in ASAP!! Any and all 4-person teams welcome. Trish the Dish is looking for a team if anyone has 3 and needs 1 more!
Our halloween party is tomorrow after the FNL workout. Theme is TV / Movie characters. Come enjoy the party and the outside of class socialization with your favorite CFers!
Next Intro class will be November 9th at 9:45 AM
- FNL - Matt D + Halloween Party!
- Sunday 8 AM - Matt D
- Sunday 1 PM - John
…to choose what you’re bringing to Friday’s Halloween party! Matt D channeled his inner creative monster to create a skeleton with various bones assigned to party items (desserts, appetizers, etc). Please pick a bone and let us know what you’re bringing. Also please let us know (you can comment here or write on the skeleton white board) who’s attending so we can prepare for the numbers. It’s sure to be a good time after the FNL workout,and remember the theme: TV / Movie Character!
1. Intro to Corps Fitness class this Saturday at 9:45 AM. Free to anyone who hasn’t tried CF and wants to see what it’s all about.
2. Remember the registration deadline for the Blue Marsh Call 2 Action Challenge is next Friday, November 1st. Get your 4-person team together and submit your registration today!
3. The annual Corps Fitness Halloween Extravaganza will be post-FNL (Friday Night Lights) workout on Friday November 1st. The theme is TV/Movie Characters. Be creative! And you can even work out in your costume. You know, if you’re into that…
4. November 2 and 3 will be the Oh My! October Test Out Dates. Remember that personal challenge you started at the beginning of October? Well it’s time to see how you did!
5. Weekend instructors:
- FNL - Van
- Sunday 8 AM - Gretchen
- Sunday 1 PM - Van
Do you prefer solo or team sports? Studies suggest that group workouts may be the way to go. CF is unique in providing the best of both worlds: everyone is accountable to the team, but it’s also very much on the individual to push herself / himself to get the most out of every workout. The individual effort and group camaraderie combine to provide the best of both worlds!
We have another big weekend coming up!
1. Friday 5:30 class with Matt, including Fall Challenge workout #1, followed by Mike Lawrence speaking and happy hour for our Third Friday event. All CFers and FitUers, and all are encouraged to attend Third Friday! Bring a dish to share 🙂
2. Fall Challenge this weekend! See Monday’s post for more information. First workout is during FNL class, second is individual time slots Saturday, third is Sunday afternoon.
3. We’re reinstating the Blue Marsh Call 2 Action Challenge! Some of you have probably participated in years past; this is a great event and such an exciting way to bring that CF teamwork / no excuses mentality out of building 7 and onto the trails at Blue Marsh. Get a team of 4 together and sign up! Challenge will be November 10th. Registration is due by 11/1. Find out more and download a registration form here.