Words cannot express what today meant to CF. Not only was it the finale of the Kyle Pagerly Call to Action Challenge (Class 1), but yesterday marked 2 years since Pags was taken from this world too soon, and today everyone suffered for him. Because we’re here, he’s not.
Here is a link to the cadence run this morning - 30 strong and loud! You can hear them before you see them!
Here is a link to a SmugMug gallery of photos - thanks, Matt D!
And here is a link to the photos and videos of Pags in action at CF. He was missed more than usual today.
If you’re always on the go or at least have your smart phone at the ready, then this article is for you. Check out the 10 best food apps today! From GMOs to pesticides to wild edibles, there’s something for everyone.
Share what you’ve found! Post any other food-related apps you’ve discovered (and would recommend) to the comments.
1. Saturday June 29th - Kids’ class at 9:45 AM. $10 for first kid from each family, $5 for each additional. Parents are encouraged to participate in the class with their kids (no charge for parents).
2. ***Sunday June 30th- Cadence run at 12 noon (meet at Old Mill parking lot, 8-9 min/mile pace). Pags ‘Badge 27’ workout at 1:00 PM. All are welcome to join the first class of Kyle Pagerly Call to Action participants for the final official workout of this challenge. It has been motivating watching the Challenge participants transform themselves both physically and mentally over the past 3 months as everyone worked out side-by-side pushing each other in true Corps Fitness fashion. Welcome to the CF Family, and remember to grab Santa on your way out the door! Stick around after class for some grilling and a low-key celebration (bring a dish to share if you’d like).
3. July 4th: Class at 9 AM (only class that day)
4. Weekend instructors:
- Friday 5:30 PM - John
- Sunday 8 AM - John
- Sunday cadence run and 1 PM - Chris
Clean the ball to overhead, stopping with ball in line with your head. Drop your body from beneath the ball: start by bending the knees (arms don’t move yet). As you squat down, the arms bend slightly and drop the ball to the floor with force (hence the name). Finish in a good squat position: weight in the heels, knees behind the toes, lumbar curve intact, head neutral and chest out.
Common faults: Overextending the back (ball travels behind head) / bending at the waist / bending the back when picking up the ball to overhead.
Two years ago this week we had a double-under challenge going on at CF and everything was normal. Kyle Pagerly posted that he was going to have to test out the next day because he got stuck at work one evening. Unfortunately, he never got the chance: the next day he was shot and killed in the line of duty.
Tomorrow is never promised. Live each day to the fullest! Kyle did more in his short 28 years than many do in their entire lifetime.
We miss you, Pags!
Please join the Kyle Pagerly Call to Action participants for a workout in Kyle’s honor this Sunday, June 30th, at 1:00 PM.
2. Melissa H is now teaching at FitU every Wednesday at 5:30 AM. Come on out to show your support for Melissa, and get a solid ass-kicking workout in the process!
3. The next Intro to Corps Fitness class will be held June 22nd at 9:45 AM. Tell a friend to check us out; this intro class is free to all who attend!
4. Save the date! Next Sunday, 6/30, is the culmination of the Pags Call to Action Challenge. Men and women from our local law enforcement and first responders have been working out at CF since April 1st, and June 30th marks the last day of the 3-month challenge presented and sponsored by Alecia Pagerly. Chris will lead a cadence run at noon followed by class at 1:00, both of which are open to ALL CFers. Please join the CtA participants in honoring our boy Kyle with the ‘Badge 27’ workout at 1:00. Afterwards, stick around for some light food and refreshments. Feel free to bring a side dish or drink to share.
- Friday 5:30 PM - Van
- Sunday 8 AM - Matt D
- Sunday 1 PM - Gretchen
Good luck to Sharif as he heads to Parris Island this Sunday for Marine Corps Boot Camp! Sharif has been working out with us for a brief time as he prepares for the USMC. We are proud of what he’s accomplished so far and know he will make us proud when he gets to training!