A remarkable outpouring of support and remembrance for Kyle Pagerly. Alecia wrote, “Thanks for keeping Kyle’s memory alive!! The workout on Friday is exactly what Kyle would want!!! ”
Indeed, that kinda suffering was right up his alley. Thanks to everyone who came out….over 50 at the 530pm class…the man touched many lives! Have a great weekend.
BTW for those who don’t know the origin of Santa…this is his sense of humor…Pags’ interpretation of “Grab a weight for the mile run!” (Winter HW 2010)
1) Friday Night Lights, June 29, 530pm, Pags Remembrance workout
2) Sunday Special July 1, 8am
3) 4th of July Schedule (Wednesday): Combined Class, 8am. All other classes canceled.
4) Starting Tuesday July 3, 630-730am (Tuesdays), Open CrossFit.
5) Sunday July 15: Christmas in July, 12 Days of Christmas workout
6) Saturday July 21: NEW 4-week Beginner Basic Training begins. Excellent introductory format for the apprehensive!
Observe, learning a new exercise, or improving on one takes….ta-da…Observation.
Humans imitate, right? And Observational Learning (as it’s called) is a powerful mode of acquiring information. And it’s really the most efficient, natural, instictive mode…watch and learn. Whatever your goal, a basic squat or press…or more advanced moves…don’t over-intellectualize it, go back to toddler-learning….see it, learn it, do it.
The steps in Observational Learning:
1) Attention: know what to attend to
2) Retention: remember it (which includes visualizing oneself doing it, succeeding)
3) Motor Reproduction: retrieve it
4) Motivation: prioritize it
Then practice for 2 weeks and do this
Now do that with your CF goals! Rock on!
Celery is serious. Cancer fighting, cholesterol reducing, anti-inflammatory, and on and on. Read more here. (and maybe it holds some “comfort” food properties if you remember it shmeared with PB in your school cafeteria?!)