This Sunday: Join IM ABLE and fellow CFers for a ride on the Schuylkill River Trail (Toe Path). Meet in the parking lot of The Dump furniture store in Oaks, PA (right off 422). Be ready to ride at 8 AM / out and back ride / 32 miles total but stragglers will be picked up on the way back.
A reminder about the August schedule changes:
- Monday and Friday 9:30 AM Basic class is cancelled. Participants are encouraged to join the other regularly scheduled 9:30 AM class, which is open to all abilities.
- Sunday 1 PM class is cancelled for the remainder of August. Sunday 8 AM class will remain unchanged.
- The FREE intro class on Saturday August 23rd is rescheduled for August 30th at 9:45 AM.
Mark your calendars for Corps Fitness 10 Year Anniversary Celebration and Throwback Classes!!
2014 is our 10th year and we’re going to be doing a lot of throwbacks leading up to December when Corps Fitness was officially incorporated. Listed below are our throwback classes scheduled at some of our original locations!
- Saturday, September 6th will be held at Gring’s Mill! (Beginning promptly at 8:30 AM.)
- Saturday, October 18th will be held at Happy Hollow! (Beginning promptly at 8:30 AM.)
- Saturday, November 15th will be held at the Stone House! (Beginning promptly at 8:30 AM.)
- Saturday, December 13th will be our 10th Anniversary Celebration at Corps Fitness!
Other CFer events are also coming up:
September 14th RU ABLE Duathlon and 5k – ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!! This event is just around the corner, and new this year: we’ll have “Fastest CFer” categories for the duathlon and 5k – stay tuned! Register for our 5th Annual Duathlon & 5k on Sept 14th held in Wyomissing, PA. Thanks to IM ABLE’s success this year, we will be doing our biggest grant presentation to date with 5 PIECES OF ADAPTIVE EQUIPMENT!!!
We cannot thank everyone enough for helping to support our mission and we welcome you to come out for our morning announcements 9/14 at 8am to see how your support is directly helping to change someone’s ability to Get Up and Move! If you cannot compete, we are always in need of great volunteers for this to be successful. Please sign up to volunteer. Thank you for your continued support of IM ABLE!
October 5th – Mark your calendars now! The fourth annual Kyle Pagerly 5k will be held in Shillington Park. CFers always step up in volunteerism and participation in this event, so let’s make this year the best yet!
FNL and Sunday 8 AM: Gretchen