Recipe Monday – Roasted Salmon with Pancetta & Swiss Chard
Another thank you to Melissa for this gem! Can’t wait to try it!!
4 x 5 oz wild salmon fillet, skin on
1 teas sea salt
1 teas fresh ground peeper
1/2 cup pancetta, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teas crushed red pepper flakes
1 head red swiss chard, thinly sliced
2 tbl balsamic vinegar
1 tbls olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on your work surface cut a slit lengthwise down the missile of each fillet, starting 1/4 inform the top and ending 1/4 in from the bottom. do not pierre the skin. push the two ends together to create a pocket in the center of the fillet. Season the fillets with 1/2 teas each of salt and pepper.
3. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the pancetta and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until browned and crispy.
4. add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for another 10 sec, or until fragrant.
5. add the swiss chard and sauté, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes, or until wilted. Season with balsamic vinegar and the remaining salt and pepper.
6. Divid the chard mixture amount the four fillets. Its okay it it mounds over the salmon- you aren’t going to flip the salmon over, so load it up!
7. heat the olive oil in the same pate pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon fillets, skin side down and pan-fry for 4 minutes, or until a crisp crust forms. Do not move the fish around in the pan.
8. Transfer the sauté pan to the over and cook for another 3-5 minutes, depending on how you like salmon cooked.