Recipe Monday – Grilled Turkey Burgers with Fried Egg over Greens
Thank you to Melissa for providing a few of her favorite Paleo-friendly recipes. This one looks particularly delicious!
Grilled Turkey Burgers with a Fried Egg over Sautéed Greens:
2 TB Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 lb mixed winter greened (mustard greens, tuscan kale, curly kale or collard greens)
1/2 cup of low sodium Chicken Broth
1.5 teaspoons sea salt
2.5 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tbl balsamic vinegar
1 lb organic ground turkey breast (can also use organic grass feed beef or lamb)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbl Dijon mustard
2 tbl parsley, chopped
4 organic free-range eggs
1. Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat
2. in a large, deep stock pot, heat 1 tb olive oil over medium heat. Add the 2 cloves of minced garlic and stir until fragrant, about 20 sec.
3. Add the winter greens, chicken north, 1/2 tea salt, 1 teas pepper and sauté for 5 minutes or until wilted. Add the vinegar and set aside, Keep warm.
4. To make burgers: combine the ground turkey, 3 cloves minced garlic, dijon, parsley, 1/2 teas salt, and 1 teas pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Form into four patties.
5. Once the grill (or stove top) is hot, add the burgers and cook for 3-5 mins per side.
6. Heat remaining 1 tbls olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
7. Add the four eggs and season with remaining 1/2 teas each salt & pepper. Cook eggs for 2-3mins, or until the egg white is no longer translucent and the yolk is cooked to your desired consistency.
8. To serve, arrange the wilted greens on four plates, top with burgers, and then fried eggs. Enjoy!