Look at the similarity in the movements above. Even though these are two seemingly different moves in terms of how the start and end points look, there are common features to both:
1. send the hips back to start the movement
2. keep the knees behind the toes
3. maintain the lumbar curve
4. use the legs to accelerate the weight
5. keep the head and neck neutral (better example in the KBs; the head in the push press is extended slightly too far.) I’ll spare you the phrase some use as a deterrent from looking at the ceiling, but let’s just say it’s not something you’d want to look at. Right Scott D?
The same basic theme prevails through all upright movements at CF! Think about it. From burpees to thrusters to snatches… If you violate any of the items above, you’ve got something to improve on.