Food Industry Secrets
According to new research, drinking diet soda is worse for you than drinking regular soda for many reasons:
- Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar, activating our genetically-programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.
- They trick your metabolism into thinking sugar is on its way. This causes your body to pump out insulin, the fat storage hormone, which lays down more belly fat.
- It also confuses and slows your metabolism down, so you burn fewer calories every day.
- It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta.
- In animal studies, the rats that consumed artificial sweeteners ate more, their metabolism slowed, and they put on 14 percent more body fat in just two weeks — even eating fewer calories.
- In population studies, there was a 200 percent increased risk of obesity in diet soda drinkers.
This article also touches on the idea that eating fat DOES NOT make you fat, something many who have experimented with Paleo eating or 4HB have known for ages! Stick with real foods and you’re better off in every way!