Sign up for the RU ABLE Duathlon (or 5k) today! Online registration is open until August 31st only, and we all know that’ll be here before we know it! Pick a few other CFers and make a relay, do a weighed 5k, do something special!
**As of today, Spin / Krank classes on Tuesday evenings are cancelled** If you or someone you know is interested in teaching spin / krank, please let us know!
A Running Start and Corps Fitness are teaming up to bring Inov 8 representative David Hanys to Corps Fitness on Saturday March 15th from 8am-10:30am.
You’ve seen CFers wearing Inov 8 shoes, and maybe even have a pair yourself, but did you know that Inov 8 is a grass-roots company founded in the UK?
“Inov 8 is devoted to providing the highest quality footwear to their athletes and designs footwear to celebrate the grit and glory of their athletes. Inov 8 believes in the beauty of natural running and footwear, taking running and fitness back to its most innate form. This relies on the strength of the athlete’s foot instead of shoe’s cushioning and support.”
Their products are designed to be lightweight, minimal and functional.
Since 2004 Inov 8 has sponsored the World Mountain Running Association and continues to promote and support grass roots competitions and events across the globe.
At the event, ARS and David Hanys will go into even further detail about all the shoes Inov 8 can offer for a range of different activities. On the day of the event and going forward after the event of Corps Fitness members will receive 10% off all their shoe purchases through ARS.
Starting March 10th
NEW Open Gym Times at Corps Fitness
*Open to unlimited members and regular check in required*
T, Th, Fri 11am – 1pm
These Open Gym times are intended to provide additional opportunities to utilize the space and equipment in Bldg 7. These times will be available only to those who have Unlimited Memberships and will be an open format as opposed to the structured class format.
You are responsible for performing workouts that you are familiar with or have had instruction on. This is NOT meant to be time to work on unfamiliar moves such as Oly lifts and more advanced moves unless you already are proficient on the form.
As with everything we do it is up to each individual to work together and make the time useful and effective. We will be evaluating the effectiveness of these times as we move forward so please provide feedback about the current offerings and possible additional times and structures.
CF will be CLOSED on October 6th for the Pags 5k
1. Reminder! Test in for the October Challenge tomorrow and Saturday after class. Check out the videos linked from yesterday’s post and get your snatch and T2B form down. Test out will be at the end of the month. Practice on your own before / after classes this month. It’s all about personal gain, not comparing yourself to others. But you already know that, because you’re a CFer!
2. The Pags 5k is this Sunday, October 6th in Shillington!! Please bring a baked good for the hospitality tent and to support your fellow runners. **Again, CF will be CLOSED on October 6th for the Pags 5k**
3. During the month of October, CF and Fit U will be recognizing cancer awareness. Bring a photo of a friend or family member who is battling or has battled cancer to post on the Honor Wall. We’ll also host workouts honoring cancer survivors among us, with an open invitation to our personal friends battling cancer to join us.
4. Save the Date: October 18th! On the Third Friday this month, we welcome fellow CFer Mike Lawrence to talk about his 3+ year journey since a grim lung cancer diagnosis. Mike continues to be an inspiration to those around him every day, and you’ll be glad you made time to come in and listen. This will be a full night: FNL class at 5:30 followed by happy hour and Mike’s presentation. This is a free event open to all members of CF and Fit U!
- Friday 5:30 PM – John
- Sunday – CF is CLOSED
Great job as RD, Mags! You put on another fine RU ABLE? 5k. CFers, thanks for supporting the event!
Other news and notes:
1) If you are interested in the ML Squad Leader Special Edition shirt, contact Dan or Maggie.
2) Sunday Special posted for 6/26 (see Sunday Special page).
3) Mark your calendars…summer Hero Week on the horizon (August 15-21). For this HW, our efforts will support Keystone Wounded Warriors. Of course, more details to come!