Let’s all agree that Saturday morning’s class was small because of a late night of candy gathering and kids’ sports that morning. And that it was definitely not because it was cold and rainy outside and CFers are getting soft. Yeah, definitely not that.
Anyhoo, we had 9 die-hards at the Stone House getting another dose of what it was really like back in the olden days, before Bldg 7. Dontcha you appreciate the roof and mats now?? ((What, no walnuts?? :())
We’re talking to you! CF Tenth Anniversary and other Fall Gear is available for order online (wow – we’re gettin’ fancy!!). Represent CF morning, noon and night with this cool new and throwback gear!
Get online, pick out what you want for yourself and your family (hey, the holidays are right around the corner), pay online and pick up at CF when the orders arrive.
Orders are due 10/27 so please don’t wait!!
Thursday updates this week:
Everyone seems to be enjoying Hector’s classes – learning more moves and concentrating on movements we haven’t focused on as much. What’s your favorite part?
**NEW: Hector will be hosting a CrossFit intro class on Saturday 10/18 at 1:00 PM. If you’re interested in learning more about CrossFit or getting a friend involved, come check it out! We’ve been a CrossFit affiliate since 2007 and Hector is really taking off with the programming. He is motivated and knowledgeable, certified as a CrossFit instructor and a Concept 2 Rowing instructor. He currently serves in the Army National Guard and just got back from Kuwait, and we are excited to have him on board!!
Next week Stay and Play is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 23rd. and Saturday Oct. 25th
*Saturday Oct. 25th is a Stay and Play at 8:30 for ages 12 and under! Stay and Play will have a Halloween theme!! (shhh…pumpkins will be involved)*
FNL – Hector
Saturday – ONE CLASS, 8:30 AM at Happy Hollow (Chris)
Sunday – John (8 and 1)
First and foremost:
CF is hosting the first Stay and Play TODAY at 930 am. $5 to drop your toddler or preschooler off while you take class!
TONIGHT AT 6:30: Corps Fitness is joining forces with Garage Strength and will hold an intro session. Garage Strength specializes in strength training and Olympic lifting and their team of knowledgeable trainers will be on hand on 9/4 for demos and to field questions from interested participants. This info session is open to anyone; it’s not necessary to be a current CFer to attend.
**Saturday’s Throwback Class will start at 8 AM at Gring’s Mill. (not 8:30 as previously indicated). The start time is moving forward so we can be out of the way for a 5k scheduled at Gring’s Mill that day. Directions from Corps Fitness to Gring’s Mill are at this link. A word to the wise: you may want to pack a water bottle, change of shoes (or clothes) and a towel… just sayin’
Since we’re not at CF and can’t have everyone check in using their punch cards, etc, the following price structure will be used (please make every attempt to have exact change!):
- Unlimited members – no additional charge
- Punch card holders – $5 fee per person
- Drop-ins and newbies – $10 per person (newbies arrive EARLY to complete a waiver)
Friday 930 am Basic class is starting back up again on a trial basis. If we get the numbers it will remain on the schedule!
The deadline to sign up for the next Call to Action Challenge is September 15th. Do you know a police officer or first responder who wants to get into better shape so he / she can better serve those around us (and maybe, but hopefully not, you)? Send them our way! The Call to Action Challenge is a three-month training course for local first responders, led by Chris Kaag and dedicated to the memory of Kyle Pagerly. Kyle was a Deputy Sheriff in Berks County and dedicated CFer who tragically lost his life in the line of duty on June 29, 2011. He truly believed that if you wear the badge, you need to look the part, and his widow Alecia started the C2A Challenge in his name to keep his competitive spirit alive.
Other Upcoming Events:
September 14th: Corps Fitness will be CLOSED due to the RU ABLE Duathlon and 5k. Come on over to the Wyomissing High School to take part in the action!!
- FNL – Van
- Sunday 8 and 1 – John
Phew… I think that’s it… Post any questions to the comments.
Immediately upcoming events:
- August 30th: FREE intro class at 9:45 AM.
- September 1st (Labor Day): Cadence run at 8 AM, meeting at the Wyomissing Pool (corner of Evans and Old Mill), 9 AM all abilities class (*ONLY class that day*).
- Starting September 1st, the following classes will be reinstated: Friday 9:30 AM Basic, Sunday 1 PM. The Monday 9:30 AM Basic class remains cancelled and participants are encouraged to join the 9:30 AM all abilities class.
- September 4th: Corps Fitness is joining forces with Garage Strength and will hold an intro session on at 6:30 PM. Garage Strength specializes in strength training and Olympic lifting and their team of knowledgeable trainers will be on hand on 9/4 for demos and to field questions from interested participants. This info session is open to anyone; it’s not necessary to be a current CFer to attend.
- September 6th: at 8:30 AM, Join us at Gring’s Mill for the first throwback class of our 10-year anniversary extravaganza (ONLY class that day).
- September 14th: Corps Fitness will be CLOSED due to the du. Come on over to the Wyomissing High School to take part in the action!!
The first throwback class is right around the corner! Check out this and other information on the upcoming Corps Fitness 10 Year Anniversary Celebration and Throwback Classes!!
- Saturday, September 6th will be held at Gring’s Mill! (Beginning promptly at 8:30 AM.)
- Saturday, October 18th will be held at Happy Hollow! (Beginning promptly at 8:30 AM.)
- Saturday, November 15th will be held at the Stone House! (Beginning promptly at 8:30 AM.)
- Saturday, December 13th will be our 10th Anniversary Celebration at Corps Fitness!
Several other CFer events are also on the horizon:
September 14th RU ABLE Duathlon and 5k – Register for your chance to be the “Fastest CFer” (in the duathlon category only) of our 5th Annual Duathlon & 5k on Sept 14th held in Wyomissing, PA. Thanks to IM ABLE’s success this year, we will be presenting an incredible 5 PIECES OF ADAPTIVE EQUIPMENT!!!
If you cannot compete, we are always in need of great volunteers for this to be successful. Please sign up to volunteer using this link. Thank you for your continued support of IM ABLE!
October 5th Pags 5k – Mark your calendars now! The fourth annual Kyle Pagerly 5k will be held in Shillington Park. CFers always step up in volunteerism and participation in this event, so let’s make this year the best yet!
FNL and Sunday 8 AM: Gretchen
Traditional Corps Fitness rockin’ the Thursday night crew! Baseball warm-up, 10 signs in a circle, steps in the middle, speed round – ballistic bodyweight and mad agility coming at you – bam! That’s how we roll at 5:30p on Thursdays! Good to see these folks making the most of every intense bit of it!