A few updates while you’re enjoying your margaritas today!
THIS SUNDAY May 8th is Mother’s Day – All moms workout for FREE this week!
A FOND FAREWELL
For those of you who don’t know, the Owens family is moving to Florida very shortly :(. Please join us after the 9:15 AM CrossFit class THIS SATURDAY May 7th to send them off CF-style!
We’re rolling out a new pricing schedule for our teacher members! Check out the top of CF’s fees page for more information! With summer fast approaching, what better way to stay in shape for keeping up with those kids than to participate in CF? Try out a new class time, meet new CFers, stay in shape… what more could you ask for??
SUMMER KIDS CLASSES
See yesterday’s post for summer kids class information!
MURPH – Reminder!
Did all those pullups this week remind you of something? MURPH is coming! A HUGE thank you to Rob and Kim R for sponsoring the Murph Challenge at Corps Fitness again this year! Check out the previous blog post for details on how to sign up online (if you want to) and when / how we’re running it at CF. You don’t have to sign up on the Murph website to participate in the workout – just show up for class on the 28th (ONE CLASS THAT DAY, 8:30 AM). This is a mega workout, so please make sure you are physically (and mentally) prepared. Scale if you need to. Listen to your body. Don’t get rhabdo!
– CFers, join us for a CFer social hike up to the Pinnacle in Hamburg next Sunday May 15th. Meet at CF ready to leave at 8:30 AM, or meet in the reservoir parking lot by 9 AM. Rain date TBD if necessary. Out and back hike, approximately 7 miles, slow pace, plan for it to take most of the day / returning early to mid afternoon.
– The Kaag Challenge is extended indefinitely, so be sure to get in touch with Chris or Melissa for a time slot! If you have already completed the Kaag Challenge, remember to stop by the front desk for an IM ABLE t-shirt.
– A reminder to check out the CF Loyalty Program and Incentives we announced April 1st. You can also earn points via membership and merchandise purchases! Check out the link for full details, and start earning today! For newbies looking to take advantage of the incentives, remember you must attend an intro class first. After that, you’re be eligible for 2 weeks of free membership and then an additional month at $70.
– REMINDER: Saturday class times are now 8 AM (Corps Fitness) and 9:15 AM (CrossFit). Two different class types on a Saturday!
SPIN / KRANK
– Tuesdays 10:30 AM with Aimee
– Thursdays 6:30 PM with Mike
– Wednesday and Saturday SPIN classes are on hiatus for summer.
FREE INTRO CLASSES
Next Intro to Corps Fitness class will be Saturday 5/14 at 9:45 AM with Chris. Come on by and the take advantage and participate in our incentive program!
Friday 5:30 PM – Gretchen
Sunday 8:30 AM – Brian
Sunday 9:30 AM – Skills is no longer on the schedule.
Corps Fitness Kids Camp is a week-long physical fitness experience that combines a motivating and positive child-appropriate workout with lessons on being Respectful, being Accountable for your work, learning to work as a Team, becoming a Leader and understanding how to Persevere in an activity despite its perceived difficulty level. Workouts are fun, yet challenging, and are conducted by educator Emily McDonough and Corps Fitness owner, Chris Kaag.
Please visit http://corpsfitness.net/summer16/ for more information and to register
Friday 5:30 PM: Van
Sunday 8:30 AM: John
Kids Classes AND Teen Classes!!! STARTING this week!
• Summer Kids Classes- ages 11 and under (5 and under will need an adult)
*Kickoff is this Thursday, July 9th!*
10:45 – 11:45 am
Classes will run for 5 Thursdays (July 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and August 6th).
Upon successful completion, on August 6th, each child will earn a CF t-shirt and badge!
Summer Kids 5 class punchcard can be purchased for $50 (including FREE t-shirt)
• Summer Teen Classes- ages 12 and up
*Kickoff is this Wednesday, July 8th!*
10:45 – 11:45 am
On kickoff day we will announce the remaining schedule (Will be 2 days a week running through the first week of August).
Summer Teen 10 class punchcards can be purchased for $84
Share this or Tag anyone who may also be interested!
**Video is from last year’s Kids classes ages 11 and under.**
A LOT going on this month – get ready for another goodie!!
KIDS! We will be holding an egg-themed class at 9:30am 4/3 with Miss Jen.
This class is for ages 12 and under ($5.00 per child)
Kids 13 and over are permitted to workout with their parents
Sunday 4/5 ONE CLASS ONLY @9am, due to Easter holiday. Normal schedule Friday, Saturday and Monday.
Mentor March will transition as an ongoing mentor program for all new CF members as well as any current CF members!
Help us help you…..call 1-888-242-2060, option #3. You must have your member ID number to do so
Corps Fitness has always provided challenges we must face throughout a 60 minute non-stop workout. You never know what the day’s challenge will be, nor do you know exactly how you will get through it. Holding true to our CF roots, we have decided to keep our April Fitness Challenge unknown.
Friday 5:30 PM: Van
Sunday 9 AM (ONLY CLASS): John
8am Cadence Run starting at the Wyo pool at the corner of Old Mill Rd and Evans Ave
9am All Abilities class (only class that day)
CF will be closed the rest of the day
Stay and Play for kids 12 and Under at 8:30 class time (cost is $5 per child). Organized play for the little ones, and organized CF-style class for the older kids. Parents are welcome to participate or drop off the kiddos and attend the CF class.
– 9:45am FREE CrossFit Intro Class with Hector. Bring your friends who have been asking about CrossFit but haven’t joined in yet!
Monday 5:30pm with Madeline Bieber will continue
at 9:30. Learn more about CF Stay and Play here!
We’ll also have Stay and Play on Saturday morning at 8:30 AM for kids 12 and under. Older kids will have a structured class (as long as numbers allow) and younger kids will have organized play time. Parents are welcome to stay with the kids or to work out during the 8:30 AM class.
TONIGHT, 6:45, we’re hosting CF Movie Night in 7Bravo. We’ll be showing Fed Up followed by a Q&A / discussion with Jess Pham, our in-house dietitian. The evening may last until 8:30-9 PM (not required to stay the whole time), so plan accordingly! We’ll also be kicking off our Breaking Bad Habits Challenge! Learn more tonight and we’ll follow up later this week with information on the blog.
Apparel orders are due 10/27!
We are temporarily adding classes to the CF schedule!
**SPECIAL ADDITIONS TO OUR SCHEDULE**
- Our new instructor Hector will be adding to the Mon/Wed with Tuesday & Thursday 530am CrossFit as a trial run until early November. This will be in addition to the regular 530am Corps Fitness classes.
- Hector will also be offering a FREE CrossFit intro on the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of each month at 1pm, starting this Saturday 10/18.
- ADDITIONALLY we’re doing Stay & Play at 930am on Tuesday and not Thursday. Thank you for your patience as we continue to explore options for making Stay and Play part of our regular schedule.
Since 2007, Corps Fitness has taken a hybrid approach to our CrossFit programming and Hector has continued that but adding more to our current class formats. Thank you, Hector!
We’re hosting a trial Kids class tomorrow during the 8:30 AM class, open to ALL ages!
- Stay and Play for the little guys (toddler / preschool)
- There will be an organized Corps Kids class for the older kids
Parents can work out in the regular 8:30 class or they can join the Corps Kids fun
$5 for each child