We’re talking to you! CF Tenth Anniversary and other Fall Gear is available for order online (wow – we’re gettin’ fancy!!). Represent CF morning, noon and night with this cool new and throwback gear!
Get online, pick out what you want for yourself and your family (hey, the holidays are right around the corner), pay online and pick up at CF when the orders arrive.
Orders are due 10/27 so please don’t wait!!
Check out the samples of our sweet new summer CF gear at the front desk, and place your order today! Last day to place orders is 5/18. Printing will then take 2-3 weeks, so you’ll have your gear just in time for your summer vacation. Men’s and Women’s shirts, tanks, shorts, and skirts are available!
Here are a couple samples, stop in to see more:
A Running Start and Corps Fitness are teaming up to bring Inov 8 representative David Hanys to Corps Fitness on Saturday March 15th from 8am-10:30am.
You’ve seen CFers wearing Inov 8 shoes, and maybe even have a pair yourself, but did you know that Inov 8 is a grass-roots company founded in the UK?
“Inov 8 is devoted to providing the highest quality footwear to their athletes and designs footwear to celebrate the grit and glory of their athletes. Inov 8 believes in the beauty of natural running and footwear, taking running and fitness back to its most innate form. This relies on the strength of the athlete’s foot instead of shoe’s cushioning and support.”
Their products are designed to be lightweight, minimal and functional.
Since 2004 Inov 8 has sponsored the World Mountain Running Association and continues to promote and support grass roots competitions and events across the globe.
At the event, ARS and David Hanys will go into even further detail about all the shoes Inov 8 can offer for a range of different activities. On the day of the event and going forward after the event of Corps Fitness members will receive 10% off all their shoe purchases through ARS.
Starting March 10th
NEW Open Gym Times at Corps Fitness
*Open to unlimited members and regular check in required*
T, Th, Fri 11am – 1pm
These Open Gym times are intended to provide additional opportunities to utilize the space and equipment in Bldg 7. These times will be available only to those who have Unlimited Memberships and will be an open format as opposed to the structured class format.
You are responsible for performing workouts that you are familiar with or have had instruction on. This is NOT meant to be time to work on unfamiliar moves such as Oly lifts and more advanced moves unless you already are proficient on the form.
As with everything we do it is up to each individual to work together and make the time useful and effective. We will be evaluating the effectiveness of these times as we move forward so please provide feedback about the current offerings and possible additional times and structures.
*Apparel orders due tomorrow! Don’t delay: represent CF outside of Building 7 with your new CF gear! Orders can be placed and paid for at the front desk. Deadline is TOMORROW 3/7!
CF gear is always high-quality, comfortable for workout or everyday wear, and of course, some of the most stylish gear you’ll own! Photos of the apparel available with the current order are below. Descriptions and pricing are included on the order forms at the front desk:
Starting this Saturday at 7AM: Intermediate / Advanced CF Class
- 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29: Saturday 7 AM CF Interm/Adv. Class demo
Later this month:
- 3/15: Inov8 representative and A Running Start visiting CF, CFers may try out shoes during 8:30 AM class // Marine Corps poolees testing at 9AM and working out with C. Kaag at 10:30AM // Benchwarmers coffee (local vendor from West Reading farmers’ market) on hand after 8:30 class
- 3/16: St Patty’s Day workouts at 8 AM and 1 PM
- 3/23: 8 AM class moved to 9:15AM, will be held on the FitU side
- Friday 5:30PM: John
- *Saturday 7AM: Matt
- Sunday 8AM: Matt
- Sunday 1PM: John
It’s been more difficult to get out of bed on these cold, dark mornings. At least, that must be the case judging by the lowered attendance at CF early morning classes… Remember, the hardest part is taking the first step! Once you get in a do a couple warm-up laps, you’ll be bright-eyed and shedding those extra layers of clothes you so readily donned before heading out the door. A few tips for working out in the colder weather:
– Layer it up! Wear layers of clothes that you can shed easily as you heat up and that you can put back on as you cool off before heading back home.
– Consider a breathable scarf or other piece of clothing to cover your mouth and nose. This helps warm and moisten the dry winter air before it hits your lungs. This tip is particularly helpful for some with asthma, where the cold dry air can really trigger symptoms.
– Ease into it: warm those cold muscles and lungs up gradually. Get a few gentle laps in on your own before class starts, even by walking laps around the workout floor. Your body will thank you when the true workout begins!