“A goal properly set is halfway reached.” Z. Ziglar
Halfway through ’11 folks. Here’s some fun clips of badge wearin’ and CF hollerin’ from the 1st 6 mos to give you some ‘tude!
BTW, yesterday’s WOD
5 rds: 10 Thrusters, 10 KTE
CF Holler Jan-Jun ’11…smugmug audio is whacked out…so you can see the vid on the CF Facebook page
Summer makes us all think about more fresh veggies in our diet. Be sure to avoid as much pesticide exposure as possible.
“A rule of thumb is to avoid exposures that are a thousand times less than levels known to be toxic. A 2009 study led by EPA researcher Devon Payne-Sturges found that about 40% of U.S. children have levels of one type of pesticide well above this 1,000-fold margin of exposure.” (webmd article)
See the Dirty Dozen vs Clean 15 here.
Read about pesticide exposure here.
On June 26, 2011 IM ABLE along with a group of great friends and supporters helped to present our newest grant recipient Mike King his own One-Off mountain handcycle. To help him realize what was possible with this rig, we took him to the Pinnacle in Hamburg, PA that Chris Kaag hiked for the first time last year, and the result was the same. True joy to where he could go despite his disability. This hike is an 8 mile round trip and comprises some steep and rocky terrain. With the help of our friends we were able to traverse the last 50 yards over a boulder field to reach the summit in less than 2 hours!!
This group was made up of all ages and all showed their determination showing the true spirit of IM ABLE. For someone who have a life changing disability or one who lives with a challenge, this day will hopefully showcase the rewards of adapting an active lifestyle and can-do spirit. Whether you can walk or use adaptive equipment to overcome using your arms, IM ABLE wants to show anything is possible and we hope we can share that simple joy of getting out and MOVING to realize what IS possible!
Stay on top of the CF Schedule:
1) IM ABLE Pinnacle Hike, 830am, Sunday June 26
2) Sunday Special, 10am, Sunday June 26
3) Sunday Special, 9am, Sunday July 3….GRING’S MILL WORKOUT!
4) Holiday Special, Monday, July 4th, 7-8am (all other classes cnx)
5) First Family Class Tomorrow June 25, 10am! See link in right frame for Youth/Family Camps
6) Double Under Incentive Test Out (June 27, 28). Either show your 10 DUs in a row (beginner) or compete for most DUs in 2 minutes (advanced).
1) Check out the CF Summer Camps for kids/families.
2) Sunday June 26: Pinnacle Hike, 830am, meet at Reservoir Parking lot…(directions from CF here)
3) Double Under Incentive Test Days (Monday June 27, Tuesday June 28). 2-minute challenge…please have at least 1 if not 2 counters! The rules are as many DUs as possible in 2 minutes, no tuck jumping.
4) Sunday Special: June 26 10AM.