Warm Up Circuit (2rds): Snatch, Dip Hold, 1legsquat, Mermaid Kips, Gladiator press, Plankwalk, Sk8r, KB Get Up
10m of Death between rds.
End: Hop-Skip-Jump (Beck’s Burpee, High Skip, Box Jump)
Last done: Feb 8, 2011. As famous, you may remember, Feb 8, 2011 to be the day Livewrong’s “Everything I learned in life I learned from Johnnie Ding Dong” was published. (all kidding aside, we’re half way to Dec 31…are you making progress to your goals? Like using a levitation spell…it’s Levio-sa!…on Box Jumps, what up?!)
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” -JFK
Hero Week is on the horizon, and the HW t-shirt order forms are out! We all know the gratitude associated with Hero Week…the solemn appreciation which is exercised. But another take on gratitude during HW is thanking you…all you CFers…who slam it hard core each and every class…who push new physical limits…who volunteer time and services when needed…who show up to support friends…who mourn and who celebrate…who over and over have never failed to step up in any capacity…thank you for making CF what it is. And so, in true CF fashion, that gratitude is expressed with a week of wild WODs…enjoy!:)
What to do…easy enough:
1) Visit the Summer Hero Week Page and get fired up!
2) When you’re at the gym…sign up for the HW Package ($55, 7 WODs, 1 T, Aug. 20 party) OR buy only a T ($15). The HW shirt design is on the poster board. And you have a choice of T-shirt style…either a Sleeveless or Short Sleeve…samples available to try on.
3) Pay at front desk. Orders taken until Aug 8.
4) Get ready to bring it on Aug 15!
50 DUs, 40 Sit Ups, 30 Swings, 20 Wall ball Run 100m 20 Wall Ball, 30 Swings, 40 Sit Ups, 50 DUs
Congrats James, Kristi, Joanne and Christine on their 1st Double Unders!!!!
WOD: 1 rope climb, 21-15-9 OHSquat, Dips, 1 rope climb
Hydration by Coach Sam:
A little bit on dehydration and staying hydrated:
What is Dehydration?
Most people don’t recognize dehydration until they are thirsty, at which point, it’s “too late” to beat dehydration and now you are fighting back to a hydrated state. Dehydration occurs most often because of not drinking enough water throughout the day and during and after a workout. Not only are you sweating out water, but also electrolytes that keep our bodies balanced. Dehydration is very easily avoided but also very common in the summer due to an increase in activity and warmer weather.
How to Hydrate Properly
Drinking water throughout the day is vital, but also, refueling your electrolytes after a workout or activity. Coconut water is a great post workout drink or add an electrolyte tablet to 16oz of water at least once per day. Not only will this help hydrate you, but will help rid you of any headaches (caused by dehydration), and refuel the electrolytes you’ve lost through sweating, breathing, etc.
For more info on Hydration check this link out:
for the end of Summer…say it ain’t so!
1) CF Kids/Family programming last few weeks. 9-12 yr old camp 7/25; U8 yr old camp 8/1; final Family Saturday and party 8/13.
2) Hero Week sign up/order form goes up on Monday 7/25. Mark your calendars for Summer Hero Week 2011: Aug 15-Aug 21. If you can’t commit to all the WODs…be sure to show up Saturday Aug. 20 for the Keystone Wounded Warrior donation WOD!